Yeah for YA-GU-RA sushi


This is a picture of three sushi platters from Yagura sushi in Tsukuba. I'd heard from a student and some friends that it was an excellent place for sushi so we decided to go! We had sushi with Kazuyo and Jon, another international couple...and very entertaining. ^_^ Kazuyo and I have the same affinity for eating shiso leaves with gari and shredded daikon rolled up inside. What a strange coincidence.
We both are also big fans of Mari Winsor's pilates program. You should have seen the look on a drunken salaryman's face when he mistakenly entered our tatami room and noticed that a) he didn't recognize anyone...oops, wrong room and b) everyone was horizontal, demonstrating pilates moves - it must have looked awfully lewd, I can imagine. With a quick apology he scuttled out the door to find his room. Hee hee.
The sushi was delectably fresh...the uni (sea urchin egg) was some of the sweetest I'd ever eaten! The squid was crisp and not at all fishy, and ohhh...orange-colored pickled burdock root was a real treat. The only downside: Saturday was a busy night and service was a wee on the slow side...we'd arrived at 6pm (no lineup at all) and left around 8:30 or so...um, I don't recall...um, I had just a shot too much of Japanese sake. Oops. I am such a light drinker now...a few sips of beer and sake and I was set for the night. Oh how old age is creeping up on me, ok, now I am just being silly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home