Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What's in a kiss?!

Except for Lewis' wedding this past summer, every other wedding I attended surprised me when it came time for the official kiss to seal their vows. Most men kissed their bride on their - forehead, cheek, nose...everywhere BUT the mouth. That just goes to show how shy some Japanese still are. (go to Shibuya and you might see otherwise...tongue wrestling and much more!)

I told Hiro that my family would not be keen on a kiss directed elsewhere and not on the lips. 'what a cop-out' is what they might have thought. Naturally, he was worried and a bit embarrassed about having to kiss in front of everyone! So on the big day it was very short and cute peck on the lips. And then, for some odd reason, all our Japanese guests snickered and chuckled! Hmm? I will have to ask and find out the humour we missed!

Picture: The Kiss by RODIN (Margaret sent us a wedding card with this image, ha ha!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home