Wednesday, August 02, 2006

when it rains, it pours!!!

Have you ever witnessed an epidemic of some sort? Recently all of my friends and acquaintances are either getting married or becoming pregnant. I wonder if it is just that my friends are all around that 'good n ripe' age or if some kind of contagion is in the air. As they sometimes say, "love is in the air."

When your friend got married or pregnant, did you sense a feeling of being left behind? If you were single, did you feel self-pressure to get married, too? With my single friends I try to limit my gushing about the upcoming wedding to a minimum, but with it being one of the biggest events in one's life and all, it is hard to do!

Everyone has their own pace in life. Some get married earlier and other later. I do not necessarily think there is a right 'time' in life as society often dictates. In Japan 30 is a deadly, dreadful number for most women - if they are left unmarried by that age, it is said to be much more difficult to find a suitable partner. I do not necessarily agree with this as I have many friends well in their mid to late-thirties who got married just this year!

Anyway I hope everyone takes their life one step at a time and does things not just when the time is right per se, but when they feel the time is right. That intuition and feeling is one of the most important aspects, in my humble opinion. As for me, I would have ideally liked to have been married around my late 20's to early 30's but as fate would have it, I met my soulmate a little earlier than 'planned.'

Like all things in life, we have to weigh things out and decide. I hope your head and heart directs you toward a fabulous future filled with oodles of happiness, love, and more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home