overcoming fears one step at a time
Do you avoid doing things simply because: a) it is a bother b) it looks to difficult, or c) it is terrifying...or d) all of the above?!For the longest time I had avoided ordering anything online in Japanese because of all the above-stated reasons! Moreover, I reasoned that it is already hard enough to order things online in English, it would be such a *royal pain in the butt* to order in Japanese.
In the past I ordered on amazon.co.jp in Japanese but it had some English support. I had avoided ordering from DHC skincare online because of my phobia - instead I ordered everything via phone. Finally, I took away the training wheels and did it - ordered from a website in 100% Japanese. A few times the form told me I made a mistake or omitted some information, but from what I can tell, it went through without a hitch!
I will update later when I have received my bikinis...I just hope they fit!!! This is great - I can shop online and find cheaper products and alternatives. Hmm, now that I think of it, it has opened a kind of "Pandora's box" for shopping. Ooo, scary. Must enjoy but still keep the purse strings moderately tight, tee hee!
Life in Japan is looking easier and easier, one step at a time. Hurrah! I hope that you have the courage to do something you have dreaded doing for ages. Go for it. In the end, you will wonder why you had not done it much earlier!
My next challenge: driving in Japan...I have done it once and drove shakily, at best...hmm, will try again, er, someday. What is your next challenge?!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home