Tuesday, July 04, 2006

what's in a name?

Two of my friends recently had their e-mail address changed due to a change in marital status. Their companies require they change their e-mail address when they marry. This is all fine unless a woman gets married, changes her maiden name to her married name and years later divorces and must switch her e-mail address again. Talk about no sense of privacy! It is obvious for all to see that she has divorced because of her name change, again. Eeks.

Just to make things easier (for me and friends/family), I will keep my current e-mail address. As for my official name, I will likely change it to his family name. In Japan if the children have a foreign surname, sometimes they are prone to more harrassment or bullying. Aww, but then I will no longer be Vivian Lee, like the famous late Vivien Leigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home