Sunday, May 07, 2006

seal of approval from mom?

When was your last 人間どく, a.k.a. health checkup? Mine were 8/12/03, 11/10/04, and 05/04/06...I can tell you exactly because my recent medical health report includes two prior checkups results...that way, one can analyze the years side by side. My mom's job at Mee Jaaw Health deals with health checkups and supplements (calcium, turtle shell, propolis...etc) so going to Taiwan = health checkup, no buts about it!

In seeing my report this year, I was alarmed to find out how high my cholesterol had jumped! I blame this on my tendency to 'always have room for sweets' otherwise known as, 別ばら in Japanese. Boo on BB. Time to say no to 別ばら and yes to the tofu pudding...***sigh***

This year was different from all the other years. Hirotsugu did a check-up at the same time as me...poor guy, I guess this pre-marital checkup is my mom's idea of another test he has to pass before she gives him the 'ok' to marry me? At any rate, poor Hiro had to have the test conducted in English and Mandarin Chinese...I cannot even begin to imagine how he felt about it.
The testing took 4 hours, included swallowing soda powder and barium liquid before getting intestinal x-rays. Yucky! That is the worst part...right up there with getting blood withdrawn. Right after all the testing we got our reports - woo, talk about fast reporting. I cannot say why because it is personal but after this health checkup, I will never ever take Hirotsugu for granted. Worry not, he is in good health (slightly higher cholesterol, like me) and I am extremely thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home