Saturday, January 21, 2006

rude person? that or I have been in Japan too long

A foreign woman called me this morning to find out more information about the ski trip I am planning. I hate to rant and badmouth her but the talk really left a bad feeling in my mouth. She was really impatient and pushy, from the very beginning of our conversation, she sounded very 'blase' about the the trip. If she wasn't very interested, I don't see why she would call me and have a million questions to ask. She then proceeded to tell me how much cheaper it would be for her to go from Tokyo to Niigata. I wanted to her her, "I'm not stopping you" or, "I'm not a tour conductor babe, just the organizer!"

Hey, I am spending a great deal of time planning this trip - you wanna complain a little MORE? What a BLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Now I can see how Japanese feel about foreigners when they are too direct. In the West, people are told that direct communication and being frank is the key to communication. In the East, the important points lie in that which is NOT explicitly stated. Sorry...just needed to rant...even people like me have their moody moments.

So like they say here in Japan: Speaking is SILVER; SILENCE is GOLDEN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home