Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Gimme a break, gimme a break...

Have you ever eaten something that TASTED romantic??? I swear, this new kind of KitKat really tasted like romance, like seeing things with rose-colored lenses. This was the first time this has ever happened to me! This flavoured KitKat is "sakura" - cherry blossoms. "BLECHHH," you must think - no no, you couldn't be farther from the truth! It is really heavenly - velvety smooth white chocolate *instead of the usual milk chocolate* with bits of cherry blossoms imparting fragrant floral overtones... mmm mmm yummy in BB's tummy.

Japanese Nestle makes ALL kinds of KitKat. I am addicted to them. Each time a new flavour comes out, I am one of the first to get my hands on one. The thing is, each flavor is seasonal so you'll never know how long it will be around! KIT KAT flavours I have tried in the past: passionfruit, cantaloupe melon, pineapple, mixed berry, yogurt, vanilla, red bean/green tea/white choclate, white chocolate, banana, cafe latte, and...more that I cannot remember. Why doesn't Nestle in the States do the same? I dunno - would you be turned off if you saw pineapple KitKat?

Oh, I forgot to mention why they make cherry-blossom flavored chocolate. It is to congratulate the students whom are about to graduate that year and matriculate again in April. Around graduation and matriculation time, tons of cherry blossom trees bloom and turn Japan into frilly snowy pink land. I love jogging while little pink leaves dance on my head. Sometimes at the jogging track (track in the middle of a big park with a serene pond smack dab in the middle) I chase and grab some petals as they fall and float down - quite often some passersby are startled by my childishness. Life is too short to take everything too serious. We should learn more from children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home