Hey not a bad pinky-warmer (see first entry on knitting)
Today at the knitting club I was able to finish Hiro's scarf - it took all of one month from start to finish, 2 weeks longer than anticipated but at least it is done!!! It is my first knitting project, so I am especially happy at the results. My wonderful knitting teacher came to my rescue - even the overly wide section could be magically "fixed" with the help of a steamer. The ladies seemed amused by my whoop of glee and bulging eyes. (my expression while watching my knitting savvy teacher fix up the botched up part!)At knitting club I made some unintentional jokes. Mrs. Wakakagi (oops, I think this is wrong) was talking about croquettes...I thought she meant potato croquette. Mrs. Kobayashi asked her how much it cost, to which she replied, "4000 yen." EEKS!!! I thought she went to a restaurant and had a 4000 yen (35 USD) potato croquette...holy gourmet epicurean croquette!!! Then I asked my teacher Mrs. Hashimoto why it cost so much - suddenly she (and all the others) burst out laughing! They were talking about the game, croquet, not the food, croquettes. Oops...I think I'll unintentionally end up being the class clown of the club. Tee hee.

If you are interested in making tasty croquette tonight, please follow the detailed recipe and instructions on this following link: http://www.thequeenskimono.com/potato%20croquette.html
It shows the steps with illustrations so it should be easy enough to follow. Use high-quality Japanese breadcrumbs for the best results! My favorite is the crab cream croquette which is made using kind of a meuniere sauce base. Though it is a challenge to make, the results are yummmmy in my tummy. Let it be noted that I have yet to make crab cream croquette...I will make a post when I make it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home